The MJ Future Forum North: the impact of the new Prime Minister and Secretary of State for Housing, Communities and Local Government, Brexit and the next financial settlement on local government in the North.
Click here to see who you will meet at the MJ Future Forum North
The MJ Future Forum North took place at The Midland Hotel, Manchester December 5/6 at a time of economic and political turbulence unusual even by the standards of the past year with a general election on December 12 and Brexit postponed until 2020.
The Secretary of State for Housing, Communities and Local Government, Robert Jenrick, was also be grappling with the forthcoming financial settlement.
The Forum is a great opportunity for you to network with your fellow chief executives to find out how they are tackling the agenda from the new government.
"The Future Forum can best be described as 24 hours of high value investment; an opportunity to learn, challenge and network."
Chief Executive, South Kesteven DC
Confirmed 2019 speakers included:
- Paul Johnson, Director, Institute for Fiscal Studies
- Shokat Lal, Assistant Chief Executive, Rotherham MBC
- Mark Lloyd, Chief Executive, Local Government Association
- Tom Riordan, Chief Executive, Leeds City Council
- Joanne Roney, Chief Executive, Manchester City Council
- Pat Ritchie, Chief Executive, Newcastle City Council
- Kersten England, Chief Executive, Bradford City Council
- Dr Nicola Millard, Principal Innovation Partner, BT
- Steven Pleasant, Chief Executive, Tameside MBC
- Sir Michael Lyons, Matt Crompton & Bill Hughes, The English Cities Fund
- Jim Taylor, Chief Executive, Salford City Council
- Mike Emmerich, Founding Director, Metrodynamics
- Haydn Scarborough & Richard Carmichael, ENGIE UK & Ireland
- David Potter, Director - Workforce Advisory, EY
- Jon Houlihan, Practice Director & Jody Goldsworthy, Executive Director, Leadership & Talent Consultancy, GatenbySanderson
- Adam Cunnington, Chief Executive, Public Sector plc
- Steve Murphy, Chief Executive, NetZero Buildings
"The MJ Forums are an essential part of my calendar whenever I can attend. I always find the Forums highly useful. They bring us up to date with the latest thinking, provide networking opportunities and provide some really stimulating ideas to follow up after the Forum."
Chief Executive, Lincolnshire CC
Attendance at The MJ Future Forum North is by invitation only. If you wish to attend The MJ Future Forum North 2019 please contact Jo Evans firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
"ENGIE has been a proud supporter of the MJ Future Forums, North and South, over the last few years. These well-structured and focussed events are a great opportunity to meet, engage and learn from senior local government leaders. They are also a unique opportunity for ENGIE to demonstrate our help to the public sector in creating sustainable places for everyone to live and work in."
Haydn Scarborough, Business Development Director – ENGIE UK