The MJ Future Forum North takes place at The Midland Hotel, Manchester December 5/6 at a time of economic and political turbulence even more pronounced than the past year. A new Prime Minister in Boris Johnson and new Chancellor Sajid Javid will preside over their first Budget in late autumn, Brexit is scheduled to occur by October 31 (or will it?) and the Spending Review may or may not be underway from 2020. A new Secretary of State for Housing, Communities and Local Government, Robert Jenrick, will also be grappling with the forthcoming financial settlement. It is too much to hope that the long-awaited Green Paper on social care will surface but nonetheless the burden of adult and children’s social care cannot be ignored.
Join leading chief executives from the North West, North East and Yorkshire & Humberside for our popular 24-hour event to find out how these major changes will affect their authorities.
The 2019 programme will be announced shortly. Bookmark the page for updates
Thursday 5th December
12.30 Registration, refreshments and buffet lunch
13.50 Welcome and day 1 introduction
19.15 Pre-dinner drinks
19.45 Charity dinner
Friday 6th December
08.45 Welcome from day 2 chair
12.55 Close of Forum and buffet lunch
2019 speakers include:
- Danielle Gillespie, General Manager, North, Homes England
- Paul Johnson, Director, Institute for Fiscal Studies
- Sharon Kemp, Chief Executive, Rotherham MBC
- Mark Lloyd, Chief Executive, Local Government Association
- Tom Riordan, Chief Executive, Leeds City Council
- Joanne Roney, Chief Executive, Manchester City Council
- Martin Swales, Chief Executive, South Tyneside MBC, President of SOLACE
- Rob Whiteman, Chief Executive, CIPFA
- Pat Ritchie, Chief Executive, Newcastle City Council
Attendance at The MJ Future Forum North is by invitation only. If you wish to attend The MJ Future Forum North 2018 and have not received an invitation contact Jo Evans email@example.com for further information.