The MJ Future Forum North: the impact of the new Prime Minister, the Budget and the next Spending Review on local government in the North
The Future Forum is an invitation-only annual 24-hour seminar on key issues affecting local authorities and the public sector in the North of England.
The MJ Future Forum North takes place at a time of economic and political turbulence even more pronounced than the during the past year. A new Prime Minister – and probable new Chancellor – will preside over their first Budget in late autumn, Brexit is scheduled to occur by October 31 (or will it?) and the Spending Review will be underway. It is too much to hope that the long-awaited Green Paper on social care will surface but nonetheless the burden of adult and children’s social care cannot be ignored. Join leading chief executives from the North West, North East and Yorkshire & Humberside for our popular 24-hour event to find out how these major changes will affect their authorities.
2019 speakers include:
- Danielle Gillespie, General Manager, North, Homes England
- Paul Johnson, Director, Institute for Fiscal Studies
- Sharon Kemp, Chief Executive, Rotherham MBC
- Mark Lloyd, Chief Executive, Local Government Association
- Tom Riordan, Chief Executive, Leeds City Council
- Joanne Roney, Chief Executive, Manchester City Council
- Martin Swales, Chief Executive, South Tyneside MBC, President of SOLACE
- Gareth Davies, Auditor General, National Audit Office (INVITED)
- Catherine Frances, Director, Local Government and Public Services (INVITED)
What visitors had to say about The MJ Future Forum North:
"The MJ Forums are an essential part of my calendar whenever I can attend. I always find the Forums highly useful. They bring us up to date with the latest thinking, provide networking opportunities and provide some really stimulating ideas to follow up after the Forum."
- Keith Ireland, Chief Executive, Lincolnshire CC
Attendance at The MJ Future Forum North is by invitation only. If you wish to attend The MJ Future Forum North 2019 please contact Jo Evans email@example.com for further information.
The MJ Future Forum 2019 took place at Hanbury Manor in April 2019.